- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add 1 teaspoon of jerk mixture onto each fillet and gently rub into fish.
- Place fillets in baking dish and cook for 20 minutes.
- While fish is cooking, assemble slaw.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add vinegar, honey, and oil.
- Mix well.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add vegetables and mango.
- Drizzle vinaigrette and mix well.
- Serve on the side or on top of cooked snapper.
You’re A JERK! Red snapper with tropical slaw
This spicy pan seared Jerk seasoned red snapper fillet topped with a sweet, crunchy and might I say beautiful tropical slaw is the perfect dish for when you need a getaway but can’t get away. The bold Caribbean flavors will have you thinking you are beach side listening to the waves crashing.
- 4 red snapper fillets
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoon allspice
- Apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup Soy sauce
- ¼ cup Lime juice
- ¼ cup scallions
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- ¼ cup dark rum
- 2 habanero peppers, seeds removed if you can’t take the heat.
Receive Exclusive Recipes, Tips and Offers!