- In a large stock pot, half filled with water, add Old Bay, Salt, Bay Leaves and Crushed Red Pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- While water is coming to a boil, rinse crabs off to ensure grit and seaweed is removed.
- Using tongs, carefully pick up crabs from the back. (Claws pointing away from you)
- Gently place crabs in boiling broth one at a time.
- Cover with lid and reduce heat to low.
- Let crabs cook for 15 minutes.
- (While crabs are cooking) Put the butter in a small saucepan and place it over medium high heat.
- Allow the butter to melt and add your garlic and cilantro.
- Reduce the saucepan to a low heat and let it simmer for 5 - 7 minutes.
- When crabs are done, place them on a platter or a newspaper lined table.
- Apply butter sauce directly over crabs or serve in individual ramekins for dipping.
Finger Licking Garlic Crabs
These crabs are so good, you might suck the skin off of your own fingers!!! Maryland blue crabs boiled to perfection in a seasoned broth then bathed in herb garlic butter. Its a perfect meal to enjoy, especially if you don’t mind getting a little messy.
- 2 dozen Live Blue Crabs
- ½ cup Old Bay Seasoning
- ¼ cup Bay Leaves
- ¼ cup Seal Salt
- ¼ cup crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 bulbs of Garlic Cloves (peeled and minced)
- 4 sticks Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Cilantro (minced)
Receive Exclusive Recipes, Tips and Offers!