- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook red bell pepper and set aside and let cool
- In a medium bowl, add crab meat, cooled red bell pepper, green onion, breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, mustard, 1 egg and a teaspoon of salt with 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Mix gently together while still maintaining the integrity of the crabmeat. Form cakes in about the size of the palm of your hand.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add vegetable oil and cook crab cakes for 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towel lined baking sheet.
- Remove any excess oil from pan and add tablespoon of oil and minced garlic into pan and cook over medium heat for 1 minute. Add kale and cook until wilted, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- To poach eggs, fill skillet about halfway with water. Bring to a gentle simmer. Do not boil. Add vinegar. Crack eggs into individual ramekin. Using the end of a wooden spoon, swirl water in a circular motion.
- Place the ramekin as close to the skillet as possible and drop egg into the water.Add the other three eggs following the same instructions. Cook eggs for 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel lined baking sheet.
- To make hollandaise sauce, separate the eggs. Melt butter in a saucepan or the microwave. Add eggs, lemon juice, cayenne, salt to a blender. While the blender is running, slowly pour in the melted butter and blend for about 30 seconds.
- To plate toast English muffins, place crab cake, add sautéed kale, and then add the poached egg. Top with hollandaise sauce.
CRAB CAKES BENEDICT
Featured by ESSENCE EATS this diamond star rated brunch recipe is perfect for a special occasion. My crab cakes benedict made with succulent lump crab meat, garlicky kale, perfectly poached eggs and a topped with a creamy hollandaise sauce! Can you say YUUUUUMMMMMMMY!
- 2 English muffins
- 2 cups kale , chopped
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups of breadcrumbs
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt plus a little more for hollaindaise sauce
Receive Exclusive Recipes, Tips and Offers!